Monday 18 March 2013

# 42 (2013) Those Who Matter.....

There is a saying which I have heard many times 'Those who mind don't matter, and those who matter, don't mind'. This last couple of weeks have been interesting on the friend front. A change in circumstances means things are on the up, but I am aware that those who have caused the change may be stirring things on the friend front.

My attitude is that if people are small minded enough to only get one side of the story, I don't need them. So whilst I may be a bit riled and wanting to knock some heads together, honestly, if they are going to be that petty I can't be bothered with them.

I like to filter the people in my life purely from a quality point of view. I've always said I'd rather have a few really good friends than a whole bunch of shallow backstabbers. I've been like that ever since I was at school. I was always the one to walk away from petty situations when others seemed to want to remain in volatile relationships with friends - bouncing from one argument to the next. What's the point?

I have a handful of people in my life who I know I can depend on. They are advice givers, emotional supports, fun and make the world seem like a pretty cool place to live in. And to be honest that's all that matters because they provide for me all the back up I need.

I realise I have been distanced from people of late, I'm not going to deny that. But there have been very different reasons, mostly money related (see my post from last Wednesday). I realise I haven't had the opportunity to explain this to some of my friends. Circumstances just seem to have prevented it. Those who want to know can ask. I have tried my best to do that with the people I have had a chance to catch up with and hopefully there will be more chances in the future as things pick up.

Sometimes it's a case of C'est la vie. If people want to walk away that's fine by me. But I am always interested by those who take the time to understand. And I'd never begrudge someone for doing the same to me. I'd take the time for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment