Monday 28 January 2013

# 15 (2013) Gamer

Game and Watch - gaming on the move (source)
Computer games have never been a big part of my life. I'm a doing person, a creator. And even when I was a child I was more into 'hands on' than virtual reality. I rarely escaped into a book or a film. I had no interest in computers when I was a kid which is hilarious considering how much time I spend on them now. I almost failed GCSE Computer Studies. Imagine it!

Like many families though we didn't have a computer at home so exposure to gaming just wasn't an option.

The closest I ever got to it was early Mario and something called Astro Wars by 'Grandstand' both of which I remember vividly.  One was mine, the other was my brother's. Yeah I named and shamed you bro!

And in the same way I lost my love of reading, I still find it incredibly hard to lose myself in escapism in general. I don't think there is anything in my life that I use to get away from real life. I am firmly grounded. Which sounds dull. I guess it is to a certain extent. I guess that explains the blogging. Perhaps that's how I get it all out of my head.

Even when I am watching a film, I am making mental lists of what I have to do the next day. Switching off is not my strong point. My brain is incapable of not thinking.

That's not to say I don't wish I could. It would be amazing to get so lost in something that I forgot about everything around me. Is this something I could learn?

I am willing to give it a go.

Basically Space Invaders (source)

No comments:

Post a Comment