Tuesday 28 February 2012

# 59 Following your own advice

I am fairly well known my no nonsense and pragmatic approach to everyone else's problems. I can rationalise everything and dish out advice by the truck load and if you follow it generally you'll be okay or so I am told. So why is it that I take so long to get my own house in order? It's one of the stupid things about me that I cannot seem to follow my own advice.

I guess it's hard to be subjective about yourself. Only you know your own heart, your own motivations, hopes and fears and your own reasons for doing what you do. You can see things far more clearly if you're not emotionally attached.

Eventually of course, I do inevitably end up doing what I know I must, but it can take a while to get there.

Sometimes the decisions are periphery and inconsequential. Fish and chips or bangers and mash? Sometimes they can be far more life changing - snog, marry, avoid. So many choices.

Thankfully, I've managed to get my house in order this week. And things are looking decidedly 'up'. This makes me truly very happy and now that everything is settling down I get on with being me.

No comments:

Post a Comment