Monday 27 February 2012

# 58 Living outside the bubble

I have a friend who is 'blessed' with a very different perspective on life. Well, because of his life I guess. Basically 'shit happens'. In many ways he's lucky to be here at all and because of that he doesn't live in the little bubble most of us exist in of thinking that our own problems are the worst in the world.

Looking at what he has gone through, I'm ashamed of the way I've behaved these last few months. But as I said to him, we all live in our own world and the bubble is all that we know. We don't appreciate the wider story if we haven't experienced it. We just know what we know. And if something's going badly there aren't many of us who can sit down and say well it could be worse 'I could be living in war torn Afghanistan' blah blah blah....

But I would like to take a leaf out of his book because his philosophy rocks and I really don't have anything to complain about. We are all selfish to our own needs in that respect and generally we only see our own problems. But take a look at what's going on out there. It's pretty scary, but it could be so much worse if it was happening to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment