Thursday 23 February 2012

# 54 Empowerment

Empowerment is a beautiful thing.

When you discover that you can take control, stand up as an individual and not put up with whatever people throw at you, this is empowerment. Whether it's in your work life, your personal relationships or your family, you have to remember that you are not a door mat to be walked all over. You are an individual with feelings and desires and hopes and dreams. Don't let anyone mess with that.

Be you and don't think that you need to hang on to others apron strings to achieve anything. You are an individual. Revel in it. And surround yourself with people who empower you in return, make you feel good, help you when you are down and make life worth living. If they don't, ditch them. This is my revelation this week.

Here endeth the lesson....

1 comment:

  1. I may just have to keep coming back to this post and remind myself of your inspirational words.... Like most people, I tend to forget that I am an individual, that I am the one that is in control of my own life. For a lot of my life so far I have lived from what other people have told me to do and in some cases be.

    It took me a while to realise before I went back to college that I don't have to be a cog in a machine that just keeps moving in the same rotation day in and day out. That I could do what I wanted to do and that inspired me to go back to college and then go on to do my degree so that I could break away from that machine and stand alone, scary as it is. Yet there is not one day that I regret that, but there are times that I do need reminding and this post does just that.

    Thank you :-) X

    ReplyDelete