Wednesday 22 February 2012

# 53 Drink

I have never been much of an 'at home' drinker and despite what you may of heard about me or what state you may or may not have invariably seen me in, I am not a drunk. And since I seem to spend most of my time at home these days working I've decided to make a concerted effort to combine the two and take up 'at home drinking' as a means to an end.

I have also inadvertently discovered that I work far better when there's a glass of wine milling around and as I am generally doing my most creative work in the evenings this also suggests alcohol is a good idea. Where it will end who knows, but if it means I can get through to the middle of May hitting my deadlines, that's all well and good.

I've never had a leaning towards addiction. I can take or leave most things and I get bored very quickly if things don't achieve their aim, the results aren't going anywhere or I don't get my way ie computer games.....diets.....men.....you know where I'm going with this.

I am not expecting alcoholism but a relaxed and subdued feeling that enables me to switch off to most of the distracting elements of my life at the moment and switch on to work. Creativity is my best asset after all and I don't want to stifle it.

Nuff said

No comments:

Post a Comment